Apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/VQxdFnDzlKemfcPU2
- The Elevator Pitch Contest is open to under-graduate, graduate or post graduate students from any discipline.
- You can submit only one idea per team. The subject of the pitch must be your own idea or that of your team.
- Identify one member from your team who will pitch the idea at a featured session at Nutrition 2018 in Boston.
Entries that do not meet the guidelines in the application form will not qualify for the selection process.
The program encourages teams from multidisciplinary teams that include nutrition, engineering, design, business, public policy, economics, etc.
January 31, 2018 at 11:59 CEST: Application deadline. Later entries will not be accepted.
March 15, 2018: The top five to seven entries will be announced
June 9-12, 2018: Selected innovators will present their ideas to a panel of experts and the audience in five minutes. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered. The top three ideas selected by the jury will receive a cash award up to US$2,000 and an opportunity to present their idea in a true “elevator ride” style in one minute to the entire audience at the American Society for Nutrition’s ‘Nutrition 2018’.
Selection criteria includes:
- Significance of the problem, both in its severity and scale.
- Convincing evidence that proposed solution could lead to improved outcomes.
- Potential impact of the solution
- Clear project plan for testing hypotheses and comprehensive feedback and review plan that includes end-users, funders, potential partners, etc.