Apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/b4fsiNTtHP968S5D2
- The Elevator Pitch Contest is open to students and young professionals who graduated in the last five years.
- You can submit only one idea per team. The subject of the pitch must be your own idea or that of your team.
- Identify one member from your team who will pitch the idea at a featured session at IUFoST, Mumbai.
Entries that do not meet the guidelines in the application form will not qualify for the selection process.
The program encourages teams from multidisciplinary teams that include nutrition, engineering, design, business, public policy, economics, etc.
August 6, 2018 at 11:59 PM CEST: Application deadline.
August 20, 2018: The top finalists announced.
October 23-27, 2018: The 'pitch' will take place during the 19th World Congress of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST) in Mumbai, India. Selected innovators will present their ideas to a panel of experts and the audience in five minutes. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered. The winner in each category will receive seed funds of USD 15000 to further develop the idea.
Selection criteria includes:
- Significance of the problem, both in its severity and scale.
- Convincing evidence that proposed solution could lead to improved outcomes.
- Potential impact of the solution
- Clear project plan for testing hypotheses and comprehensive feedback and review plan that includes end-users, funders, potential partners, etc.